Friday, May 30, 2008

It's Your Show UCLA Extension | Call for Entries | Reception June 20th 6:30pm


We have a show coming up for students and instructors. We usually do an instructor show (in photography), and a Student Show (in Design Communication Arts) This is the first I know of where our unit is commingling students and instructors from Design, Photography, and Studio Arts. Should be fun, I'm very curious to see which areas step up and which ones shy away from public displays.
Content took a back seat when I designed this postcard, as I felt I should put student and instructor art in the two art frames on the 'wall', but played with box blends (no images) using InDesign and liked the Rothko like painterly effect so much, I left it and decorated instead of designed. (Something I always speak against.)
Read the brief on submission guidelines
Submission Deadline: Monday, June 9
Opening Reception: Friday, June 20, 6:30-9:30p
Location: The Gallery
1010 Westwood Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90024

No comments: