Monday, March 23, 2009

Panning for Gold


One really fun part of my job is that I get to sit in and observe photography classes. Last quarter I observed a session of our Master Photographer Series with Roxann Arwen Mills. The students had just completed a panning assignment, and many reported being surprised by how hard it was to get a good panning shot. The assignment also involved crowds, so the added element of photographing strangers might have made it a bit more difficult.

I found a great, simple tutorial about creating sucessful panning shots on Digital-photography-school.com, and was happy to see the author admitting that this seemingly simple technique befuddles a lot of photographers. Now even I understand it!

Digital-Photography-School.com - The Art of Panning (via Lifehacker)

No comments: