Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Shoes of My Dreams, How Can You Be Mine?


Kobi Levi's shoes are like some kind of fever dream you'd have if you passed out at Nordstrom after sniffing too many perfume samples. They definitely cross the line from cutesy but wearable concepts to straight-up art on your foot. I don't know if that's good or bad, but I do know that the dog ones are oh so cute.

From the artist:

"In my artistic footwear design the shoe is my canvas. The trigger to create a new piece comes when an idea, a concept and/or an image comes to mind. The combination of the image and footwear creates a new hybrid and the design/concept comes to life. The piece is a wearable sculpture. It is "alive" with/out the foot/body. Most of the inspirations are out of the "shoe-world", and give the footwear an extreme transformation. The result is usually humoristic with a unique point of view about footwear. Another aspect of the creation is the realization. All the pieces are hand-made in my studio. The challenging technical development is the key to bring the design to life in the best way."

These are definitely the kind of shoes you match an outfit to, and by "an outfit" I mean a Gallagher-style plastic splash shield for when you BLOW PEOPLE'S MINDS.






Via Jezebel

No comments: