Monday, June 15, 2009

Where Can I Buy My Ticket for "American Artifact"

I am so excited for the movie "American Artifact: The Rise of American Rock Poster Art."



Like any good hipster/loner/nerd/music lover, gig posters wallpapered my college dorm room, and only very recently have I moved away from them to what I consider to be more mature decore. The movie, by Merle Becker, includes interviews with the beloved rock posters artists who shaped this growing artistic movement, as well as fans, collectors, etc. It also includes one of my favorite poster artists, Tara McPherson. I am the proud owner of a few of her posters, and have the ones below hanging up in my room:





I don't even like Death Cab for Cutie or Apples in Stereo, but I bought them because the posters were so awesome.

Long story short, this movie looks great and we should all see it, the end. Also, how mindblowing is the poster:


Via LaughingSquid

No comments: