Tuesday, July 7, 2009

American's Next Top Artist

Though I can't figure out if the name is cutely meta or just a placeholder, here's something that you art folks may be interested in:

Casting Call: Bravo's next reality competition series will join the forces of Sarah Jessica Parker and her production company, Pretty Matches with Magical Elves (Top Chef, Project Runway) and Eli Holzman to produce a reality series dubbed The Untitled Art Project. The series will focus on thirteen up-and-coming artists who compete for a gallery show, a cash prize and a sponsored national tour. Bravo is hosting national casting calls for artists in various cities across the nation starting this month. The first open casting call is July 11-12 in Los Angeles; followed by July 14 in Miami; July 16 in Chicago; and July 18-19 in New York. More information on the series and casting calls can be found at www.BravoTV.com/casting.

By the fine folks who brought you Project Runway, with which I was OBSESSED. Now whenever I'm holding a piece of clothing at arm's length and trying to figure out what I think of it, I just ask myself "What would Tim Gunn do?"


MAKE IT WORK, PEOPLE!

1 comment: