Friday, July 24, 2009

Liu Bolin Might Be Behind You Right Now

When Chinese artist Liu Bolin graduated from school, he felt lost. "I couldn't find suitable work and I felt there was no place for me in society. I experienced the dark side of society, without social relations, and had a feeling that no one cared about me. I felt myself unnecessary in this world."

Then Chinese authorities shut down his art studio in Bejing in 2005.

These experiences led Bolin to develope his unique style of turning himself into literal street art. He chooses a location and, with the help of an assistant, painstakingly paints himself to blend in with his surroundings. Titled Hiding in the City, the series is designed to "show how city surroundings affect people living in them," and to "remind people what the community we live in really looks like, and what kind of problems exist."




Shout out to Brian Engravalle for forwarding this craziness.

Via The Daily Mail

No comments: