Monday, July 6, 2009

If Only Fireworks Were Edible

Happy belated 4th of July! I am happy to report that I saw some fireworks up close and personal on Saturday off the San Clemente pier. You know who loves fireworks? Kids between the ages of six and 12. Also, me.

In honor of this great day, and the great long weekend it bought, here is a fun video by PES.



Mmm, exploding Peeps. You may know PES as the artistic mastermind behind one of my most favoritest videos ever, "Western Spaggheti." Here it is:



So delighful! Every moment of this short little movie is so creative and full of life and humor. I love it when everyday tasks and objects are reimagined in a way that is totally crazy but also makes total sense. Also for some reason, it reminds me of the opening scene in The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle, which describes the narrator cooking spaggheti and listening to the radio. FYI, that is a great book.

No comments: