Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tonky Up Your Pad


Decorating an apartment (or house, if you're lucky and I hate you) can be hard. You want your place to be inviting, but also unique and to reflect some of your personality and sensibility.

That's why I was so excited to find Tonky Designs when I was moving into my apartment (a year and a half ago, though it seems like only yesterday). They make giant, adhesive stickers in amusing shapes and colors that you can use to decorate your walls, ceiling, closet, etc. I bought a large, turquoise giant squid, which measures 43" by 23" and sits in a place of honor on the wall above my bookshelf. They've added some new designs to their site since I last visited including a majestic Great Horned Owl and an Exploded Camcorder. The great thing about the stickers is that they're not covered in traditional, sticky adhesive, so you can peel them off when you move (they also include an applicator squeegee in the package, and shipping is free).

Their website has a gallery of customer photos that show off Tonky stickers in their new environments. I've included a few of my favorites below.


No comments: