Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Drive-By Art in LA


I always geek out when the New York Times does something LA-related. I often will point at the paper and say "I've been there!" out loud.

I did that a couple times with the beautiful slideshow Drive-By Art. It includes examples of "a type of public art growing more prominent in Los Angeles: art that you don’t have to leave the comfort of your convertible to experience."

First of all, really? I don't know if I buy the idea that artists are riding the wave of this movement where people coast by in their BMWs and ooh and ah. But I do think it's cool when you see art out your car window, because it makes the city more vibrant and enjoyable on a daily basis. Also, I don't know anyone who has a convertible. It would probably be more accurate to say "Art you can see out your moon roof."


The New York Times - Drive-By Art

No comments: