Tuesday, May 12, 2009

MOMA Made Easy

I never been to the New York Museum of Modern Art, and that is sad. But now I can be less sad, because of Jason Polan's book The Every Piece of Art in the Museum of Modern Art Book. As you might guess from the title, Polan made quick sketches of every piece of art on display at MOMA from January 19 to January 31, 2005. It looks like this:



Sweet! It's just like being in front of Claude Monet's Reflections of Clouds on the Water Lily Pad. I like the way these fun, easy sketches take some of the stuffiness and gravity away from a modern art institution and make the art viewing experience seem lighter and more accessible.

Also I then clicked around on his website and loved his drawings. Here are some of the ones I loved the most.




Jason Polan's website

Via Gawker

No comments: